I am many many Decks and Games behind in updating this blog. The two main reasons are: 1: kids keep you busy, and 2: I started Dungeon Mastering a homebrew D&D campaign, so most of my spare hobby time goes to writing and prepping for that. Also, I haven’t built new decks for almost 4 months.
Here’s a list of Games I have played but not written up:
- #227: Yahenni (2017-04-25) (almost win)
- #228: Urabrask the Hidden (2017-05-02)
- #229: Atraxa (level-ups) (2017-05-17)
- #230: Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (all creature) (2017-06-06)
- #231: Kambal, Consul of Allocation ((2017-06-13) (WIN)
- #232: Liliana, Heretical Healer (2017-07-18)
- #233: Queen Marchesa (2017-08-01)
- #234: Gishath, Sun’s Avatar (block constructed tribal) (2017-10-17)
- #235: Admiral Beckett Brass (block constructed tribal) (2017-10-17)
- #236: Elenda of the Dusk Rose (or Vona Butcher of Magan) (block constructed tribal) (2018-01-30)
- #237: Tishana (block constructed tribal) (2018-01-30)
- #238: Akiri, Line Slinger (2018-05-29)
- #239: Tatoyova, Benthic Druid (2018-06-05)
- #240: Jhoira,Weatherlight Captain (2018-06-05) (WIN)
I’m about 6 games and 2 months of posting behind…
Also, we just had an adorable tiny human enter our life, so that’s going to make both playing EDH and writing about EDH pretty difficult for awhile. I am going to try to catch up though.
I am building her her first EDH decks though!
I’ve played the first new deck in awhile, and I will do a write up shortly… If all goes well I’ll have a new deck per week for October (With a theme!).
Also, all but TWO of my active EDH decks are now in Tapped Out.
So, I haven’t played any new decks in several weeks, but it’s not for lack of trying. I’ve been starting decks and not being able to finish them, either for lack of creative theme or for temporary lack of funds to complete them.
HOWEVER, I have been playing A LOT of games on MTG Forge which has also meant that I’ve really ramped up adding and updating decklists on TappedOut. I think I have almost 150 decklists up now. My goal is to have every deck up by Halloween and update this blog accordingly.
The following decks are in various states of construction (not even including all of the decks that have been sitting partially completed for a year or more).
- Emrakul, the Promised End (basically done, but I want to make it more awkward-huggish)
- Gisa and Geralf (missing about 20 cards that need purchasing)
- Sigarda – the new one (human-ish tribal, was going to maybe be clues or non-red werewolves. needs a final focus)
- Urabrask and/or Eron the Relentless (ultra-mono red, still piling up options)
- Marchesa (politics/voting/the moonarch, though it may have absorbed potential Kiku, Nights Flower and Dioachan, the Artful Beauty decks into a “girls run the world” deck)
- Leovold (early pile stages… will it be elves? poltical trading? Little Big Leaders (CMC =<3 ) ? It won’t be built to abuse the draw-limits)
- Geist of St. Traft (UW spirit tribal, because I don’t have that spirit tribal yet… this is a tiny pile)
- Alesha (knight tribal, all-creature. just needs lands)
- Linessa Zephyr Mage (some kind of weird mess of things that shouldn’t work in EDH, plus or minus also exiling Emrakul to Call from the Blind Eternities)
- Zedruu? – for the colors (something that can use Nahiri Harbinger for getting Emrakul)
- Scion of the Ur-dragon (Dragonlance theme… just needs lands and proxy lands)
- Olivia, Mobilized for War (discard madness vamps… just needs lands and a few hellbent cards)
- Roon of the Hidden Realm (a deck where I would want to play Manifest)
- Arcades Sabboth (CLUES!)
- Ulrich of the Krallenhorde (dumb werewolfs)
- Marieke Ri Berit (a stealing deck that seems too similar to another deck I already built)
- Joven and/or Chandler (make other stuff artifacts).
- UR Thopters (literally just waiting for the UR legendary that was supposed to be in Kaladesh)
- and still working to finish Lady Evangela, Karrthus, Sidisi and others.
- PLUS I’m sure I will build Rashmi and Kambal from the new set
It has been awhile since I’ve been able to build new decks. I have a few games left to post. Once paychecks start rolling in again, I’ll be able to finish some decks and get to that magic 200th deck!
Game #18/9X: Godo, Bandit Warlord
Location: Red Castle Games, Portland, OR
I know that I played a game with Godo in here somewhere, possibly after Mikaeus and Eesha, but I mistakenly did not record it (probably thinking that I had already played it, OR it was a 1v1 game to kill time). I will replay the deck and give it a real write-up, though it will not be its true Maiden Voyage.
I do recall that I actually did get to cast Blade of Selves, though never got to equip it to Godo.
I’ve gotten a bit behind on posting game updates, but I’m getting closer to game 200. It’s been tough to find time to post here recently, but I do have some big things planned (if I can find the time).